POSITION CLOSED: Sales Manager (California & Oregon)
High Desert Pure is a THC and CBD topical company located in Bend, Oregon. We’re a 6 year-old, growing business with some of the best selling topicals in Oregon. We are very passionate about what we do and are in search of a self-motivated, experienced, marijuana-industry salesperson to can manage and grow our Sales Team.
As Sales Manager, your chief responsibility will be to maximize the productivity of our sales team in coordination with our existing distributors. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, have direct in-person marijuana sales experience, be able to manage a team of up to 5 or 6, and be very comfortable expecting/demanding success from your team. Pay will reflect experience level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strong understanding of our product, mission, and values and communicating them to your team.
- Scheduling travel days with your team members to help assess their skills and provide constructive feedback.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for growth and expansion options among potential and existing dispensaries.
- Leveraging your network of contacts and your general awesomeness to spread the word about HDP.
- Daily recording of sales calls, meetings, and any commitments made.
- Must be able to learn, retain, and convey information about our products.
- Should be interested in learning about the science behind our products. Why and how do they work? We’ll tell you, but a natural curiosity and a little science in your background will certainly help you soak it in.
- You should be comfortable with all applicable laws in both California and Oregon, from the local and state level up to and including FDA regulations which prevent us from saying that our topicals address myriad ailments, even though they obviously do. We run an above-board legal enterprise.
- Comfortable using email, working with Microsoft and Google products, and customer relationship management software such as Microsoft Dynamics to track dispensary communications and commitments.
- Must be outgoing, attentive and comfortable engaging in conversation with customers, their clients, and your team. We treat each other and our customers with respect and we expect the same from our entire team.
- 2+ years prior sales experience in the legal marijuana space.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Must be 21+ and have a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler’s Permit.
- Familiarity with the METRC system a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have a working computer with a reliable internet connection.
- Salesperson or manager: 2+ years (Required)
- Ideally, your homebase would be Portland, but your territory would cover all of Oregon and California
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — Spontaneity is great, up until you decide at midnight to really tie one on then not show up to work the next day. We can be flexible but in exchange we require a bit more planning, responsibility, and communication than others in the industry.
- People-oriented — Enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
- Adaptable/flexible — Enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Detail-oriented — Taking down a big order from a dispensary is great, but not so much if you can’t report on the company’s overall sales numbers. Details count.
- Achievement-oriented — Enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail. We learn from our successes and our failures, and we will learn together.
- Innovative — Prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
- Initiative — If you’re self-motivating and get satisfaction from doing your job well, we’ll be a great fit. If you’ve said “I’m bored” anytime recently, this is not the team for you.
- This is a full time opportunity, where you will typically work Monday through Friday.
- This is typically an 8 hour a day job, though the main measurable is that you show results. If you can blow the doors off of your job in less time then we’ll cheer you all the way.
How to Apply
Send an email email@example.com with the answers to the below listed questions and your resume.
We’d like to know:
- Which position are you applying for?
- What experience do you have in the cannabis industry?
- What experience do you have in the cosmetic or topical industry, if any?
- What’s unique or interesting about you that would make you a good fit for HDP or this job in particular?