Sales Representative (California)
CLOSED POSITION: Sales Representative in CA
High Desert Pure is a THC and CBD topical company located in Bend, Oregon. We’re a six-year-old growing business with some of the best-selling topicals in Oregon. We’re passionate about what we do and are in search of a self-motivated, outgoing, and energetic Sales Representative to join our family.
As a Sales Rep, you will be the face of HDP. Your chief responsibility will be to maintain and help grow relationships with dispensaries through vendor days and budtender training events. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills, be able to manage their own schedule, and feel very comfortable talking with the public. You will be responsible for educating budtenders, intake managers, and potential customers about our products and facilitating sales and orders for dispensaries. Pay will reflect experience level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing a strong understanding of our products, mission, and values and communicating them to budtenders and other dispensary personnel.
• Targeting sales among new retail prospects.
• Leveraging your network of contacts and your general awesomeness to spread the word about HDP.
• Daily recording of sales calls, meetings, and any commitments made.
• Scheduling and hosting vendor days and marketing events at dispensaries.
• Must be outgoing, attentive, and comfortable engaging in conversation with customers and their clients. We treat each other and our customers with respect, and we expect the same from our entire team.
• Prior cannabis sales experience in CA is a big plus!
• Successfully manage your time to maximize your efforts.
• Must have a flexible schedule.
• Must be 21+ and legally eligible to work with cannabis in California.
• Familiarity with the METRC system a plus.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Must have a working computer with a reliable internet connection.
• Must be able to learn, retain, and convey information about our products.
• Should be interested in learning about the science behind our products. Why and how do they work? We’ll tell you, but a natural curiosity and a little science in your background will certainly help you soak it in.
• You should be comfortable with all applicable laws in your region, from the local and state level up to and including FDA regulations which prevent us from saying that our topicals address myriad ailments, even though they do. We run an above-board legal enterprise.
• Comfortable using email, Microsoft and Google products, and customer relationship management software such as Microsoft Dynamics to track dispensary communications and commitments.
• Sales Rep in the cannabis marketplace: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable—spontaneity is great, up until you decide at midnight to really tie one on then not show up to work the next day. We can be flexible, but in exchange, we require a bit more planning, responsibility, and communication than others in the industry.
• People-oriented—enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects.
• Adaptable/flexible—enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
• Detail-oriented—taking down a big order from a dispensary is great, but not so much if you input it for the wrong location or forget to input it at all. Details count.
• Achievement-oriented—enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail. We learn from our successes and our failures, and we will learn together.
• Innovative—prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
• Initiative—if you’re self-motivating and get satisfaction from doing your job well, we’ll be a great fit. If you’ve said “I’m bored” anytime recently, this is not the team for you.
• This is a full-time opportunity, where you will typically work Monday through Friday.
• There may be an occasional weekend event that would need your time, which can be offset with time off during the week if desired.
• This is typically an 8 hour a day job, though the main measurable is that you show results. If you can blow the doors off of your job in less time, then we’ll cheer you all the way.
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the answers to the questions listed below and your resume.
We’d like to know:
• Which position are you applying for?
• What experience do you have in the cannabis industry, if any?
• What experience do you have in the cosmetic or topical industry, if any?
• What’s unique or interesting about you that would make you a good fit for HDP or this job in particular?