Topical Chef, Sacramento, CA
High Desert Pure is a THC and CBD topical company located in Bend, Oregon. We’re a 5 year-old, growing business with some of the best selling topicals in Oregon. We are very passionate about what we do and are in search of a self-motivated, outgoing and energetic person to join our topical team.
As a Topical Chef, your mission should you choose to accept it will be to help make our top selling lotions, balms and bath products. The ideal candidate should be very detail oriented. Pay will reflect experience level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a strong understanding of our production process.
- Following all the various and sundry steps for concocting our topicals.
- Filling and labeling products.
- Daily status check-in’s to ensure alignment with team’s production goals.
- Ability to work with precise recipes, measurements, and ratios. For example, can you bake? It’s relatively easier to cook (a pinch of this, a dash of that, flavor to taste). But it can be challenging to bake and to bake well. A little bit too much or too little flour will completely change a cookie! We don’t make cookies, but we do have recipes for our topicals and it is important to be able to comprehend why one ingredient might be much more precise than another.
- Responsible communications are key. For example, if you put a little bit too much of an ingredient into a recipe, it will be your responsibility to bring that up with the team.
- Should be interested in learning about the science behind our products. Why and how do they work? We’ll tell you, but a natural curiosity and a little science in your background will certainly help you soak it in.
- Understanding of cosmetics is a big plus.
- Comfortable using email, working with Microsoft and Google products.
- Must be a team player.
- Successfully manage your time to maximize your efforts.
- Must be 21+ and eligible to legally work with cannabis in California.
- Familiarity with the METRC system a plus.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with the Swedish Chef
- The ideal candidate will have at least a year of experience making products for resale. This could be in the food and beverage industry or another industry where you are creating or assembling a product from different components.
- Sacramento, CA
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — spontaneity is great, up until you decide at midnight to really tie one on then not show up to work the next day. We can be flexible but in exchange we require a bit more planning, responsibility, and communication than others in the industry.
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working with a team.
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction.
- Detail-oriented — Was that dragon’s blood sap or bumblebee brains I just poured into that batch of lotion? Process steps matter and details count.
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail. We learn from our successes and our failures, and we will learn together.
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity.
- Initiative — if you’re self-motivating and get satisfaction from doing your job well, we’ll be a great fit. If you’ve said “I’m bored” anytime recently, this is not the team for you.
- This is a full time opportunity, where you will typically work Monday through Friday
- This is typically an 8 hour a day job.
How to Apply
Send an email firstname.lastname@example.org with the answers to the below listed questions and your resume.
We’d like to know:
- Which position are you applying for?
- What experience do you have in the cannabis industry, if any?
- What experience do you have in the cosmetic or topical industry, if any?
- What’s unique or interesting about you that would make you a good fit for HDP or this job in particular?